Effective Date: [05/12/22] Version 1
- registered in England and Wales
- company registration number: 09189901
- registered office address: Royal House, 110 Station Parade, Harrogate, HG1 1EP
- VAT number: GB 196504190
If you need to get in touch with us you can contact our Customer Service Team:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we will endeavour to reply to your email within 24 hours)
Phone: 01423 229988 (you can contact our advisers Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm)
For the purposes of data protection law we will be a controller of your personal information (this means we make decisions about how and why your information is used, and that we have a duty to ensure your rights are protected).
- Collecting and using your information
- We collect the following information about you and use it in the following ways:
- If you place an order on us for goods you will need to provide us with your personal details (name, delivery address, email address, phone number and date of birth) and your payment details (credit/debit card number and name and address of the card holder). We will use this information to contact you about your order and to deliver the goods to you. We will also keep a record of your order including your purchase history and will use this for our internal business purposes including to improve our goods and to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of goods available.
- If you submit information through interactions with us on Social Media Platforms (including your username, photographs and comments). We will use this information to interact with you on those Social Media Platforms and to improve the content on Our Sites.
- If you contact us to request information about us or our goods or to make a complaint you will need to provide us with your name and a method of contacting you, such as email address, postal address or phone number. We will use this information to answer your enquiry, send you the requested information or literature or to respond to your complaint. This does not stop you from making an anonymous complaint but we will not be able to respond to you if you do.
- If you fill in a form on our website you will need to provide us with the information requested in the form marked as “required”, “mandatory” or similar. We will use the information for the purposes described on the relevant form.
- If you enter a competition or prize draw run by us you will need to provide us with the information requested in the entry form marked as “required”, “mandatory” or similar. We will use the information for the purposes of administering the competition or prize draw or as required for the arrangement, delivery or fulfilment of the prize (if applicable).
You must ensure that any personal information you provide us with is up to date and accurate. If your personal information changes, you can let us know by contacting our Customer Service team by email to email@example.com or by phone on 01423 229988.
- If you are a child under the age of 13 you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before submitting personal information to us or posting anything which may contain personal information on Our Sites.
- Sharing with third parties
- We will not share your information with any third parties except:
- where we have your permission;
- where required in order to fulfil your order including for the purposes of processing payment from you and delivering the goods to you;
- to our professional advisers for the purposes of obtaining professional advice or establishing, exercising or defending legal rights; or
- to our suppliers (for instance our postal/delivery provider, our contract packers and other subcontractors, suppliers that provide us with IT services, our call centre providers, credit services providers or debt collection agencies);
- where we are required by law and to law enforcement agencies, government entities, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing or market research without your explicit consent.
- Promotional and marketing information
- If you have purchased goods from us we may, unless you choose to opt out, send you email updates with special offers and details of our goods / services we think may be of interest to you.
- You can also choose to receive promotional and marketing information from us by opting-in to such communications via our website or when setting up an account on our website.
- If you change your mind about how you would like to receive such information or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can tell us at any time:
- by contacting our Customer Service team (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line or by phone on 01423 229988);
- by posting a letter to us including your full name, email address and the word “Unsubscribe”; or
- by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails you receive from us.
You can also contact us using these details if you wish to complain about a marketing communication you have received in error.
- Posting content on Our Sites
- Posts and comments on social media are publicly available and you should bear this in mind when you post or upload content to our Sites (including checking your privacy settings to ensure that they reflect the level of privacy that you wish to maintain for your social media account).
- If you post or upload content to Our Sites
- you acknowledge that your content and your username will be available to the public. You should only post content if you are happy to share it with others and for others to share it through the functionality on Our Sites; and
- you confirm that you have permission from each person depicted in your content to be included in and used in your content.
For more information on this please refer to our website terms and conditions of use.
- Accessing your information and other enquiries
- You have the right to:
- access your personal information (via what is commonly known as a “data subject access request”);
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information which we hold;
- withdraw your consent (if we are relying on consent as our lawful basis for using your personal information);
- require the erasure of your personal information;
- require us to restrict processing of your personal information, in certain circumstances;
- receive the personal information you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that information to a third party, in certain situations; and
- object to our continued processing of your personal information, in certain situations;
- If you would like to exercise any of the above rights please contact our Customer Service team by email to email@example.com or by phone on 01423 229988).
- We will always try to respond to your request to your satisfaction however there may be situations where we are unable to do so (for example if we are required by law to keep your information).
- If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you should contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at www.ico.org.uk.
- Keeping your information safe
- We employ a variety of physical, technical and organisational measures to keep your information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of it. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to them (using both physical and electronic means).
- We use Secure Server Technology to ensure that all data submitted through our website is protected by the highest standards.
- Any payment information you provide will be sent to us via a secure SSL connection which provides an encrypted link between your web browser and our web servers.
- We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of the internet or external networks or your own device, accordingly any online communications (e.g. information provided by email or through our website) are at your own risk.
- You shall be responsible for keeping any user access information for your account secure and confidential.
- How long will we keep your information?
- We will keep your information for as long as it is required for the purpose(s) we collected it for (or for a related compatible purpose, such as keeping a record of a transaction).
- If you have purchased goods from us, for legal reasons, we will usually keep your information for 7 years.
- If you submit information to us (but do not purchase, and have not in the past purchased, any goods from us) we will usually keep your information for 6 months.
- If you post anything to any of Our Sites the information will be available for so long as the content remains on Our Sites.
- We regularly review what data we have and delete that which is no longer necessary.
- Where will we keep your information?
- Where we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements applicable to the personal information concerned. This can be done in a number of different ways, for example: the country to which we send the personal information in may have been assessed by the European Commission as providing an “adequate” level of protection for personal data; the recipient may have signed a contract based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. In other circumstances, the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your personal information outside the EEA. In all cases, however, any transfer of your personal information will be compliant with applicable data protection law.
We may monitor any communications we receive from you. This may be done to improve Our Sites to improve the goods that we supply or to ensure compliance with our practices and procedures.
© The Great Product Exchange Ltd. 2022